Thursday, March 7, 2013

Week 9 EOC: Letters of Permission



The four letters I chose to use were letters to request use of copyrighted works (one for a quote and one for a picture), a letter to request permission to film a fashion show in a public area, and a letter to request permission to use a song in a fashion show.

I chose the two letters for the copyrighted works because I want to become a fashion editor when I graduate from college. I find that a letter of permission to use copyrighted works will come in handy for me because I will be writing those kinds of letters if I want to feature someone else’s copyrighted works in my magazine. Without that letter of permission, I wouldn’t be able to use certain pieces in my magazine, text and/or pictures.

I used a letter of permission to film because if I wanted my magazine to have a website, I could feature fashion shows happening locally by filming them as they’re happening. In order to do that, I would need permission to film in the area the fashion show is being held in order to avoid any legal issues. 


Lastly, I chose a letter of permission to use a song in a fashion show because aside from becoming a fashion editor, I would also like to dabble into creating and directing a fashion show. One of the many aspects in order to make a fashion show successful is the music in the background during the show. Again, writing a letter of permission to use a certain track for a fashion show will avoid any legal issues that could happen.

I thought this assignment was very helpful because it prepares me for what kinds of letters there are out there in my field. I want to make sure, that in order to have a successful career, I should be aware of any legal issues that I can avoid so that I can fulfill my work without any hassles. Letters of permission are definitely one of aspects I should be fully aware of. With this assignment, I have a better understanding of their use.

No comments:

Post a Comment