Thursday, March 21, 2013

Reasoning of the Law

The book states, "Copyright law protects a variety of original expressions, including art, sculpture, literature, music, songs, choreography, crafts, poetry, software, photography, movies, video games, videos, websites, architecture, and graphics." (Patents, Copyright, & Trademark, Richard Stim, Pg. 197) I think what Mr. Uglow was explaining to me about how to protect ownership for my work is very important because I created that piece of work. Copyright laws allow me to protect my work from being stolen, especially with it being on the internet for everyone to see. The same thing goes with the other scenario Mr. Uglow and I talked about. One of the other questions I asked him was regarding what I would need to do in order to received permission to use a piece of music in a fashion show. He told me that it's a great idea to do ask permission, even if some people don't. However, there are some exceptions to the rule.

No comments:

Post a Comment